HR / L&D professionals: ready to provide a solid foundation for your managers?
By giving your managers a solid foundation to work from, you enhance their ability to respond to their day-to-day management challenges, improve job satisfaction for them and their reports, reduce productivity-draining disorder on the teams, and create a pool of well-trained managers ready to move into leadership positions.
Custom or Ready-to-Go
- I can design custom workshops that address the specific, current needs of your organization
- I can create personalized workshops that integrate ready-to-go workshops with your existing processes (e.g. a module covering effective performance reviews using your appraisal process as a framework)
- I can deliver ready-to-go workshops on a variety of foundational topics
Whatever the content, I bring my business, coaching and training experience into the sessions to address issues that arise, provide spontaneous challenges when necessary, and make sure manager comprehension, self-awareness, and behavioral change are maximized.
Workshops consist of two-hour sessions, conducted monthly. The total number of workshops delivered depends on your organization's needs.
A number of modalities are used to accommodate different learning styles, such as visual presentations, role-playing scenarios, and practice exercises with colleagues. Examples and solutions will be solicited from the participants themselves in order to provide relevant subject matter and promote ownership of the learning. Given the interactive nature of the training, the sessions are designed for in-person participation.
In between sessions, homework will be assigned to reinforce absorption of the content and provide preparation for upcoming modules.
Example Workshop Topics
- Your Role and Identity as a Manager
- Management vs Leadership
- Goal Setting and Accountability
- Feedback and Difficult Conversations
- Effective Performance Appraisals
- Effective Hiring
- Managing Change
- Coaching Your Team
- Putting it All Together